[Python-Dev] Issues with process and discussions (Re: Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr)

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 17:03:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could still argue that there are downsides (need to take action to
> set myself as nosy on an issue, possibly setting up a new mail filter,
> housekeeping cruft, the fact that people don't quote in the same way
> on tracker items) that make tracker discussions less attractive to me,
> but it's very personal things.

How hard would it be to set up a bot that will subscribe to python-dev
and archive messages that have [issueXXXX] in the subject under
appropriate roundup ticket?  This way if discussion started on
roundup, it would only take adding python-dev in CC to bring it to the
larger python-dev audience and adding issue number to the python-dev
thread subject will be all it takes to archive new messages on
roundup.  This would not solve a problem of linking threads that start
on python-dev before a ticket is opened, but with some proper
conventions this problem can be solved as well.