[Python-Dev] Issues with process and discussions (Re: Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 12:07:05 CEST 2009

Paul Moore wrote:
> Mostly, I agree, but I definitely disagree, I'm afraid, on the use of
> the tracker for discussions. To keep track of discussions on a ticket,
> I have to personally keep a list of the tickets I'm interested in,
> check back regularly to see if there's anything new, and keep a mental
> note of where I've read up to so I know what's new.

Others have already noted that Roundup not only emails you with new
comments, but also lets you reply via email. That happens for anyone on
the nosy list for an issue (commenting on an issue automatically adds
you to the nosy list).

In addition, you can fairly easily create a saved query to show you all
the open tickets that you are on the nosy list for. (Although I created
and saved my query for that so long ago that I don't recall the exact
details on how to go about doing that).

Regards,
Nick.