[Python-Dev] Issues with process and discussions (Re: Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jun 3 22:37:19 CEST 2009

glyph at divmod.com wrote:

> So, here are my recommendations:
>
>  1. Use the tracker for discussing tickets, so that it's easy to refer
> back to a previous point in the discussion, and so that people working
> on those tickets can easily find your commentary.
>  2. Use the mailing list for drawing attention to these discussions if
> they are of general interest, especially if the discussion is time-
> critical.  In this case, an announcement "You have six weeks to review
> ipaddr now until its inclusion is permanent, anyone interested please
> look at issue 3959."
>  3. If you have an opinion, put your +1/+0/-0/-1 on a line by itself at
> the top of your message, so that it's easy for newcomers to the
> discussion to get a general feel.

I watched and was greatly impressed by the video demo of Google's new
Wave collaborative communication system.  I believe it would/will help
with some of the chronic problems we (and others) have.  Someone already
added a click-on Yes/No/Maybe client-side widget (for group outings)
that tabulates on the wave who made each vote, with votes changeable.