[Python-Dev] Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Jun 3 19:39:26 CEST 2009

[GvR]
> Whoa. Are you all suddenly trying to turn Python into a democracy?

Arthur: I am your king!
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you!
Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays...]
Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering silmite
held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine
providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your
king!
Dennis interrupting: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin'
swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power
derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic
ceremony!
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just
because some watery tart threw a sword at you!