[Python-Dev] Serious regression in doctest in Py3.1rc1

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Wed Jun 3 09:08:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

I can't currently file a bug report on this, but I was told by Lisandro
Dalcín that there is a serious problem with the doctest module in Py3.1rc1.
In Cython, we use doctests to test the compiler in that we compile a
Python/Cython module with doctests into a C module and then run doctest on
the imported extension module.

>From the error report it seems to me that doctest is now trying to read the
module itself through linecache for some reason, which horribly fails for a
binary module.

Could someone please look into this? I'll open up a bug report tomorrow
unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks,

Stefan