[Python-Dev] Issues with Py3.1's new ipaddr

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jun 3 01:18:09 CEST 2009

Clay McClure <clay <at> daemons.net> writes:

> Not only useful, but necessary. It seems there are few people on this
> list who understand IP well enough to realize how distorted ipaddr
> actually is.

Not having myself enough knowledge about IP routing and administration (although
I did happen to dissect BGP and IS-IS packets in an earlier life), I'm, however,
inclined to trust Jean-Paul's word when it comes to network programming. IMHO,
we should delay ipaddr's official inclusion in the stdlib until the conceptual
issues are solved.

Regards

Antoine.