[Python-Dev] syntax warnings don't go through warnings.warn?

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Mon Jun 1 19:29:08 CEST 2009

On 1 Jun 2009, at 17:50, Dino Viehland wrote:

> I’m just a little surprised by this - Is there a reason why syntax
> warnings are special and untrappable via warnings.warn?

Why should this work?  From the docs... "Python programmers issue
warnings by calling the warn() function defined in this module. (C
programmers use PyErr_WarnEx; see Exception Handling for details)."

Check out the warnings.catch_warnings context manager, but if you have
any further questions please direct them to the normal Python mailing
list, this is for development _of_ Python only.

Matthew