[Python-Dev] Update to Python Documentation Website Request

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Jul 28 07:20:59 CEST 2009

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:12:25 +0200, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de>
wrote:
> So there are now two incompatible ways to install a package:
> either with the native manager, or with pythonpkgmgr. If you install
> them one way, and try to remove them the other way, you lose.

pythonpkgmgr is only a thin wrapper for easy_install/pip.

If there is a problem, then it is already a pre-existing problem
that is not of my doing.

It's certainly true that if a python package is installed with a
windows installer or as a .deb/.rpm, then that package should be
uninstalled using the appropriate and corresponding tool.

The same is true if the package was installed with either pip
or easy_install.

All I can do is put it in my tracker as a bug and deal with it
later when I have time.

Good point

David