[Python-Dev] command line attachable debugger

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 03:43:59 CEST 2009

> Winpdb is *exactly* what you asked for, so if it's not what you're looking
> for you'll need to be more specific about what you want that it doesn't
> do...
>
> James

Fair enough, I was assuming that winpdb didn't have a command line interface,
but I was mistaken (rpdb2).

In any case, I would argue that attach functionality is something that
should be put
into the core, along with pdb, as a standard. What if I want to use
pudb? or pydb? or the interface which goes with perl?

There should be a standard mechanism for debuggers to talk to a python
process; not one-offs for each debugger, probably at the level of the
python executable (the same way that gcc lets gdb attach with a pid..

Ed