[Python-Dev] python sendmsg()/recvmsg() implementation

Kálmán Gergely kalman.gergely at duodecad.hu
Thu Jul 23 17:34:47 CEST 2009

Hello

This is the rewritten-from-scratch implementation of the
sendmsg()/recvmsg() methods.
Any comments / suggestions / flames are very welcome. Currently it
supports what I need
and I'm only releasing it, because I don't have much time to develop it
further in the
forseeable future (1-2 months). It is rewritten from scratch, using the
python c-api
documents. I've tried my best, but I wouldn't bet that it works as it's
supposed to. I'd be
glad if someone could give me a review on what I've done wrong.

The core parts are implemented correctly (I think), the features that
are missing:
- using scatter/gather
- using it with non-stream oriented sockets (doesn't support addresses
/msg_name/)

These should be very easy to implement though. I will fix the errors
that are present right
now, and if no one takes up the task I will implement the missing
features also. You might
have to wait for it a little though.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,