[Python-Dev] Replacing PyWin32's PeekNamedPipe, ReadFile, and WriteFile

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Jul 23 14:21:38 CEST 2009

Michael Foord wrote:
> A big advantage of using ctypes is that it works cross-implementation -
> on IronPython and PyPy already and on Jython soon. I'd like to see more
> standard library modules use it. Distributions that choose not to
> include it are crippling their Python distribution.

Interesting, I didn't know that IronPython supports ctypes, too. I still
find ctypes a bit problematic because it doesn't us header files for its
types, structs and function definitions.

Christian

PS: I'n still reading your IronPython book. I hope I'll have some spare
time to write a review anytime soon.