[Python-Dev] Remove site-packages?!?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jul 23 02:00:25 CEST 2009

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> writes:

> James Y Knight wrote:
> > And yet, the change seems to have some strong reasoning, solves the
> > problem discussed in this thread, and was apparently discussed and
> > approved of by some core python developers before being implemented.
> > It seems a bit foolish to me to thus just dismiss it as "evil debian
> > being different"...
>
> Maybe I've misunderstood some important detail, but how will
> their "change" help with anything other than making their
> distribution a non-standard Python installation ?

Before this discussion descends further into circular speculation on the
Debian Python developers's intentions, perhaps someone should ask them
directly: <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/>.

--
 \           “Let others praise ancient times; I am glad I was born in |
  `\                                      these.” —Ovid (43 BCE–18 CE) |