[Python-Dev] Mercurial: tag generation incorrect

Hagen Fürstenau hfuerstenau at gmx.net
Sat Jul 11 07:06:22 CEST 2009

> be32850b093f is listed
> as having a child revision, 52b0a279fec6, and ISTM that *this*
> should be the revision that got tagged.

I think the tag is correct. Note that the concept of tagging is
different in Mercurial, where a tag can only refer to a revision
previous to the one where it is inserted in .hgtags. If I understand
correctly, all relevant tagging revisions from SVN are replaced by
Mercurial revisions setting tags, which then refer to their immediate
predecessors.

- Hagen