[Python-Dev] Define metatype and a type that uses it

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Jul 8 15:47:45 CEST 2009

Erik Groeneveld wrote:
> L.S.
>
> I am working on an extension that allows one to open Java .jar files
> and use the objects defined in it (via CNI or JNI) in Python.  It
> works like a charm, but I am stuck with the definition of a metatype
> for the wrappers.  I have to do this in Python now, with a helper
> class.

Did you know that Andi Vajda has already created a fantastic wrapper for
Java called JCC? http://pypi.python.org/pypi/JCC/2.3

Contrary to your project it doesn't create the wrappers in runtime. It
analyzes the jar file(s) with JNI, created C++ templates and wraps the
C++ code in Python wrappers. JCC even allows you to implement native
methods of Java classes in Python.

Christian