[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:05:08 CEST 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I suggest that we also run a version of that redirection filter to remap
>> the old svn.python.org links in addition to making them accessible
>> through hg.python.org as Dirkjan proposed.
>
> Not sure what links you are talking about, but we also need to keep the
> current svn.python.org up as-is, for all the stuff that won't be migrated.

In that case, no need to redirect anything (although it will still be
possible to look up the old SVN revisions in the Hg web view).

The previous discussion was based on the assumption that it was going to
be possible to switch the SVN server off at some point rather than just
disallowing commits to the projects that had migrated to Mercurial.

Cheers,
Nick.