[Python-Dev] Mercurial migration: progress report (PEP 385)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 03:33:18 CEST 2009

Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 15:00, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl
> <mailto:dirkjan at ochtman.nl>> wrote:
>     Actually, I currently have /cpython to also make CPython less special
>     among it's peers, but that idea was met with some resistance on
>     #python-dev.
>
> Don't worry about doing that right now. When the stdlib gets separated
> out we can revisit this. But for now just leave it as python.

Yes, if we ever do that split we can leave the common code (stdlib, test
suite) under /python and move the CPython specific stuff to /cpython.

+1 on 2.x and 3.x for the main development branches (although that does
lead me to wonder if we should just make the maintenance branches 2.6,
3.1, etc).

Cheers,
Nick.