[Python-Dev] Python 3.0.1

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jan 30 11:40:10 CET 2009

Aahz <aahz <at> pythoncraft.com> writes:

> There's absolutely no reason not to have a 3.0.2 before 3.1 comes out.
> You're probably right that what Raymond wants to is best not done for
> 3.0.1 -- but once we've agreed in principle that 3.0.x isn't a true
> production release of Python for PEP6 purposes, we can do "release early,
> release often".

It's a possibility. To be honest, I didn't envision us releasing a 3.0.2 rather
than focusing on 3.1 (which, as others said, can be released in a few months if
we keep the amount of changes under control).

But then it's only a matter of naming. We can continue the 3.0.x series and
incorporate in them whatever was initially planned for 3.1 (including the
IO-in-C branch, the dbm.sqlite module, etc.), and release 3.1 only when the
whole thing is "good enough".

Regards

Antoine.