[Python-Dev] Python 3.0.1

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:24:13 CET 2009

Steve Holden wrote:
> 2.6 showed it in the
> inclusion (later recognizable as somewhat ill-advised so late in the
> day) of multiprocessing;

Given the longstanding fork() bugs that were fixed as a result of that
inclusion, I think that ill-advised is too strong... could it have done
with a little more time to bed down multiprocessing in particular?
Possibly. Was it worth holding up the whole release just for that? I
don't think so - we'd already fixed up the problems that the test suite
and python-dev were likely to find, so the cost/benefit ratio on a delay
would have been pretty poor.

Cheers,
Nick.