[Python-Dev] Python 3.0.1

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Wed Jan 28 00:21:05 CET 2009

If something gets left in 3.0.1 and then ripped-out in 3.1, I think we're
doing more harm than good.  Very little code has been ported to 3.0
so far.  One there is a base, all changes become more difficult.

In the interests of our users, I vote for sooner than later.

Also, 3.0 is a special case because it is IMO a broken release.
AFAICT, it is not in any distro yet.  Hopefully, no one will keep it around
and it will vanish silently.

Raymond