[Python-Dev] Python 3.0.1

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jan 27 21:48:37 CET 2009

>> Releasing 3.1 6 months after 3.0 sounds reasonable; I don't think
>> it should be released earlier (else 3.0 looks fairly ridiculous).
>
> It sounds like my approval of Raymond's removal of certain (admittedly
> obsolete) operators from the 3.0 branch was premature. Barry at least
> thinks those should be rolled back. Others?

I agree that not too much harm is done by removing stuff in 3.0.1 that
erroneously had been left in the 3.0 release - in particular if 3.0.1
gets released quickly (e.g. within two months of the original release).

If that is an acceptable policy, then those changes would fall under
the policy. If the policy is *not* acceptable, a lot of changes to
3.0.1 need to be rolled back (e.g. the ongoing removal of __cmp__
fragments)

Regards,
Martin