[Python-Dev] [PSF-Board] I've got a surprise for you!

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Jan 27 13:08:46 CET 2009

Jim Walker wrote:
[Trent's announcement]

> Great stuff Trent! I was wondering how you were doing.
>
> I really appreciate what it takes to put these open resources
> together ;) There's a lot of moving parts :)
>
> Cheers,
> Jim
>
> BTW.
>
> We now have zone servers in the OpenSolaris test farm, and
> I plan to add guest os servers in the next few weeks using
> ldoms (sparc) and xvm (x64). The zone servers provide whole
> root zones, which should be a good development environment
> for most projects. Check it out:
>
> http://test.opensolaris.org/testfarm
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/testing/testfarm/zones/
>
> Let me know if there is interest from the python community to
> manage one of the test farm servers for python development.
> Besides the general use machines, the php community is already
> managing a T2000 server.

Jim:

Thanks, this is a terrific offer. I am copying it to the Python
developers list so they can discuss it - I know that Solaris is one of
the platforms we do get quite a few build questions about.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119
Chairman, PSF               http://www.holdenweb.com/