[Python-Dev] Single Sign-On for *.python.org

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:11:31 CET 2009

I do have some old patches for roundup that I was unable to test,
because of blocking issues with openidenabled python-openid library
and my Blogger server. See the top issue with the patch at
openidenabled tracker:

http://trac.openidenabled.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&project=python-openid&order=priority

Judging from complaints in development mailing list during the last
three months I may conclude that the library isn't supported anymore.
I do not know alternative OpenID implementation for Python, so the
only way I see to continue development is to fork the lib. However, it
is not really clear to me how to do this in case of Apache license.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:36 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> I've also had fruitless discussions about adding OpenID authentication
>> to Roundup.
>
> Did you offer patches to roundup during these discussions?
>
> Regards,
> Martin

--anatoly t.