[Python-Dev] Support for the Haiku OS

scott mc scottmc2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 00:03:38 CET 2009

The config.guess/.sub files in python/trunk/Modules/_ctypes/libffi are
from , which is just before Haiku was finally added to the offical
versions from gnulib.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD
and
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD
So we just get fresh copies, perhaps it's time to update the version
included with python?

I built 2.7 on Haiku, but am getting failures in the regression tests.
 Many of them are in math related tests, failing in the 15th decimal
place on test_decimal and a few others like that, I posted a ticket on
Haiku's trac for that as it might be related to Haiku's built in math
lib? (libm is built into Haiku's libroot.so)
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3308

-scottmc