[Python-Dev] Single Sign-On for *.python.org

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 20:21:16 CET 2009

Hello,

Should we open a ticket to make a single sign-on service for *.python.org sites?
There are at least 3 logins there may be more, for example if we are
going to make some online content edition/comment system for docs.
These are:

bugs.python.org
wiki.python.org
pypi.python.org

History
~~~~~
Some months ago I filled a proposal to make an OpenID service for
http://bugs.python.org http://bugs.python.org/issue2837 Because it was
the only python.org service I used, I did not realize that
*.python.org is bunch of separate services with their own
authorization, but with the common template. So I was bounced to make
an OpenID for roundup. Unfortunately, the sole openidenabled library
failed to communicate with some Blogger servers, and due to the lack
of support from the developer I was unable to continue my work.

But OpenID is just convenience feature. Now that I have three accounts
for python.org I fail to sync passwords between them if one of them is
reset. I know about "remember me" buttons and the likes, but it is not
always possible to work from personal station. So, the question is -
should we open a ticket for Single Sign-On system for *.python.org or
it bugs only me?

WBR,
--
--anatoly t.