[Python-Dev] socket.create_connection slow

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 15 00:47:01 CET 2009

> Yet another "undefined" thing affecting us, Martin.

I think it's just another case of "Microsoft says
it's undefined, even though the standards clearly specify
what the behavior must be, and Microsoft managed to implement
the behavior that not only violates the specification, but
also hurts users of their systems." See Scott's analysis
for why this is a case of such ignorance; I agree with this
analysis, and many other people in the net also agree.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. The sad thing is not that Microsoft makes mistakes;
all system vendors do. The said thing is that they refuse
to acknowledge their mistakes, and rather chose to persist
the buggy implementation than risking backwards
incompatibilities: somebody might rely on getting the
connection only on the third attempt.