[Python-Dev] Python History blog started

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jan 13 20:40:03 CET 2009

Now that Python has turned 19, I've started blogging about Python's
history. I hope to keep it up at one article per week. So far, I've
written an intro to the series
(http://neopythonic.blogspot.com/2009/01/history-of-python-introduction.html)
and posted two chapters to the history blog itself
(http://python-history.blogspot.com/). Comments are welcome.

While I have a whole series of material ready that started as a draft
HOPL paper that never got published before, eventually I will run out
of material. Therefore I'd like to invite others to write up *their*
recollections. If you were one of the folks who helped create the
newsgroup, or attended an early Python workshop or conference, I would
particularly like to hear from you. (Do you recall "Sproing the
bunny?" Do you own a T-shirt printed by Steve Majewsky? Then by all
means get in touch!)

If you would like to contribute on an ongoing basis, I'd be happy to
add you to the blog as an author, so you can post your own articles. I
also would like to hear from people who contributed more recently --
it is no longer the case that I know all that's going on in the
community. Let's make this a group project!