[Python-Dev] exec documentation

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Fri Jan 9 22:34:36 CET 2009

in 2.6 and before execfile is listed in builtin functions, and is not
marked deprecated, and exec is in the simple statements, and is not
marked deprecated.

in 3.0 execfile is not listed in builtin functions, exec is.  exec is
not listed in simple statements.

I guess this is an intended 3.0 change, but is this the proper way to
document it?

What I was really trying to figure out is how I could specify the
encoding of a file to be execfile'd in 2.6... but didn't find it so
thought I'd try 3.0 to see if it would assume UTF-8, but had forgotten
execfile doesn't exist in 3.0 (if I knew it; I'm new here).

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/