[Python-Dev] http://bugs.python.org/issue3628

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Fri Jan 9 09:07:05 CET 2009

I'm getting an error similar to that in http://bugs.python.org/issue3628
when I try to run python2.6 and cherrypy 3.1.1.

I'm too new to see any connection between the symptom and the cure
described in the above issue... I'd guess that somehow threads imply an
extra parameter?

It also seems that the SetDaemon call simply does what the replacement
code does, so I don't understand how the fix fixes anything, much less
how it fixes a parameter count in a seemingly unrelated function.

In any case, the issue is against 3.0, where it claims to be fixed.  I
don't know enough about the tracker to find if it was fixed in 2.6
concurrently, but the symptom appears there.

I tried hacking all the references I could find to XXX.SetDaemon(True)
to XXX.daemon = True but it didn't seem to help.

So can you help?

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/