[Python-Dev] Getting importlib into the standard library for 3.1

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Jan 8 22:14:12 CET 2009

Brett Cannon <brett <at> python.org> writes:

> One, does anyone have issues if I check in importlib? We have
> typically said code has to have been selected as best-of-breed by the
> community first, so I realize I am asking for a waiver on this one.

Have you tried to assess its interaction with setuptools?
(somebody has done a patch to port setuptools to 3.x, see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2009-January/010659.html)

I'm not saying that it's a showstopper btw, just trying to suggest
experimentation possibilities.

Regards

Antoine.