[Python-Dev] I would like an svn account

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 3 18:31:45 CET 2009

David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 1:46 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> [I don't want to get into another DVCS flamewar, but I just
>>  can't let this go uncommented :-]
>
> I am sorry if that sounded like a flamewar, that was not my intention:

Oops - maybe the smiley was not obvious enough. I didn't think of your
message as flaming - rather of mine. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

> I just wanted to point out that there are solution that the op can
> implement all by himself to make his life easier - or not.

Right. I believe the bazaar branches that we have set up can do the
same thing, just as well.

>> IOW, I find the learning curve for git extremely steep.
>
> But a steep learning curve means that little input gives great output, no ? :)

:-) I never understood that picture well. In any case (to stay in the
picture), the problem is not only that it is steep (and thus stressing
to climb), but also that it (the amount of stuff you need know to use
git) is very large.

Regards,
Martin