[Python-Dev] PyOS_GetLastModificationTime

Ulrich Eckhardt doomster at knuut.de
Fri Jan 2 22:30:39 CET 2009

Hi!

The function PyOS_GetLastModificationTime() is documented in sys.rst as taking
a "char*". However, in reality, it takes a "char*" and a "FILE*". Actually,
it should take a "char const*", as it doesn't and shouldn't modify the path.
Further, the normal version doesn't use the path at all, the RISCOS version
in 2.7 does however, and for a CE port it would be convenient to have that
info, too.

There is another issue, and that is that the function isn't declared anywhere,
and I'm not sure where it should be declared either. Actually, I'm not sure
if is suitable/intended for public consumption, so I wonder if putting it
into 'Include' would be right.

Any suggestions how to deal with that issue?

Uli