[Python-Dev] ParseTuple question

Ulrich Eckhardt doomster at knuut.de
Fri Jan 2 12:32:30 CET 2009

Hi!

I'm looking at NullImporter_init in import.c and especially at the call to
PyArg_ParseTuple there. What I'm wondering is what that call will do when I
call the function with a Unicode object. Will it convert the Unicode to a
char string first, will it return the Unicode object in a certain (default)
encoding, will it fail?

I'm working on the MS Windows CE port, and I don't have stat() there. Also, I
don't have GetFileAttributesA(char const*) there, so I need a wchar_t
(UTF-16) string anyway. What would be the best way to get one?

Thanks!

Uli