[Python-Dev] test_subprocess and sparc buildbots

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:27:07 CET 2009

Daniel (ajax) Diniz wrote:
> Georg Brandl  wrote:
>> This only occurs --with-pydebug, I assume?
>
> For me, on 32 bits Linux, yes, only --with-pydebug*.
>
>> It is the same basic problem as in http://bugs.python.org/issue3299,
>> which I analysed some time ago.
>
> Yes, I guess my 'catch' is exactly that. But it might be a red herring
> (sorry if that's the case): is the correlation with sparc and/or
> rev.67888 real?

The correlation with sparc probably isn't real (that was just a
subjective impression on my part based on the buildbot failure emails).
When --with-pydebug is enabled, I can reproduce the fault (as posted by
Alexandre) on 32-bit x86 Linux.

There may be a specific issue with the klose buildbots, but the crash in
the object deallocation is obscuring the original problem.

I'll put further comment on the issue Georg linked.

Cheers,
Nick.