[Python-Dev] draft 3.1 release schedule

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:32:42 CET 2009

Benjamin Peterson wrote:

>>> I think you could add "update json package to reflect the current
>>> simplejson
>>> version" (see http://bugs.python.org/issue4136).
>> Also, I'm expecting that ordered dictionaries will be ready:
>>  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0372/
>
> Thanks. I've added these items to the PEP.

I should have a PEP (and implementation) ready for alpha 2 to address
the current discrepancy between contextlib.nested and actual nested with
statements:
http://bugs.python.org/issue5251

If you do add a reference to that bug report to the release PEP, mark
fixing it as a maybe though - with the associated PEP not even written
yet, I obviously still have some work to do to get the semantic change
approved by Guido and the rest of python-dev.

Cheers,
Nick.