[Python-Dev] Adding support to curses library

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Feb 25 16:34:17 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 06:30:06AM -0800, Heracles wrote:
> is commented back in it does fail. I am not sure exactly how a debugger will
> help in this case since the color_set call goes directly to the ncurses
> library.  If in fact that the issue is the ncurses library then it seems
> that there is no feasible solution until that library is fixed, in which
> case this patch is sort of useless.
> erg = color_set(color_pair_number, NULL); // Debating on forcing null

What is color_pair_number in the C code?  If it's some incorrect value
(-1?  255?), maybe ncurses is indexing off an array and crashing.

This is why a debugger might help; you could run the test program
until the crash and then print out the values of the relevant
variables.  e.g. is stdscr set to a non-NULL value?  There might be a
debugging version of ncurses that will let you look at the variables
inside the ncurses code, which may make the problem clear.

--amk