[Python-Dev] gdbinit and Gdb wrapper objects

Larry (Laurence) Cotton lcotton at broadcom.com
Mon Feb 23 10:02:23 CET 2009

Hi

I am trying to use python gdb to debug a python process that is hanginig - it is a thread lock situation.

I have been trying to use the gdbinit macros to help me in this, but when I attempt to access f->f_nlocals in a PyEval_EvalFrameEx object it informs There is no member named f_nlocals. Consequently pylocals does not work.

1) Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening ?
2) I have been unable to find any documentation (other than the gdbinit macros) about the make up of the Gdb wrapper objects and how to access the information in them. Does anyone know where I might get hold of some ?

Cheers
Larry

Larry Cotton
Software Engineer, System Test