[Python-Dev] Attention Bazaar mirror users

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 21 10:05:06 CET 2009

David Cournapeau writes:

 > > Er, what are people without access to PPAs doing building Python from
 > > a VCS checkout?
 >
 > I don't see the link between access to PPA and building Python from
 > sources.

I didn't say "from source", I said "from a VCS checkout".  If using a
*specific* recent official release of a core tool is bureaucratically
infeasible, it would IMO be very unusual if you're allowed to checkout
and build arbitrary versions of Python, rather than using a version
provided by your bureaucrats.

The number of people whose job is *specifically* developing Python, or
developing code that depends on bleeding-edge Python, in such an
environment is surely very small.