[Python-Dev] A suggestion: Do proto-PEPs in Google Docs

Jeff Hall hall.jeff at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 07:12:02 CET 2009

> Not that I'm expecting to be working on PEPs any time soon, but just as a
> different perspective, I would find the effort to open up Google docs to
> be a much higher barrier to doing some editing tweaks than the dvcs case.
> For the DVCS, I'd just write a little script that would (1) update (2)
> open the editor on the file (3) do the commit/push dance when the file
> was closed.  So for me it would be as easy as editing the file locally.
>
> So for my work style, a DVCS would be the biggest win.
>
> --RDM

That's funny because I would expect that for most people it's the exact
opposite... just create a gmail account... boom, done... I'm not necessarily
advocating that but just saying that IMO, most people will find google docs
to be the "fastest" and "easiest" solution.

--
Haikus are easy
Most make very little sense