[Python-Dev] Tracker cleanup roadmap

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Feb 18 07:47:57 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 00:15, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > Let's improve the tracker UI to better fit our needs. Then, classify
> > them bugs and separate garbage from real development. Lastly, bug
> > reporters should get a better UI. That's it,  any help is welcome.
>
> The plan sounds great.

Yeah, the workflow needs work. I was hoping to try to clean it up once I got
the current workflow documented but you beat me to it (which is a good
thing).

> I can help with the deployment aspects (reviewing
> tracker patches, and deploying them on the tracker site), but not much
> beyond that (except for discussions, of course). Don't expect too much
> help from other people - I have been waiting for volunteers to show up
> helping with the tracker for more than a year now.

We can try another volunteer call at PyCon if we want. I can plug it heavily
during my talk.

> I suggest you prioritize things by "bang for the buck" (is that the
> right saying?)

It's actually "most bang for your buck", but close enough.

> , starting with changes that take least effort
> to implement. Discussions should be carried out on the tracker-discuss
> list, and, of course, in the meta-tracker.

What Martin said. =)

-Brett