[Python-Dev] python seg faults

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 21:10:04 CET 2009

Sushant Sinha wrote:
> I am running Python 2.5.4 compiled with gcc (Gentoo 4.3.2-r2 p1.5,
> pie-10.1.5) 4.3.2
>
> My program uses python interface to two C modules namely libnids
> (pynids) and adns (adns-python). My program is written all in python.
> When I run my program it aborts.

As Martin said, this is off-topic for python-dev until the problem has
been demonstrated to be in the interpreter itself rather than in the
extension modules (mis)use of the interpreter's C API.

Until then, comp.lang.python or the user lists for those two C extension
modules would be a more appropriate place to ask the question.

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. (From a quick glance at the stack trace, my initial bet would be on
python-nids PCAP handling calling back in to the C API without
reacquiring the GIL first)