[Python-Dev] Fwd: IDLE on a Mac

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Fri Feb 6 17:32:12 CET 2009

In article <77F954DE-354D-4D9B-8C25-54597052E0D0 at cox.net>,
 ringhome <ringhome at cox.net> wrote:
> > I am, however, having a small difficulty at home on my Mac.   Not
> > willing to wait for a nice, pre-packaged bundle, I went and
> > downloaded the files and built 3.0 myself.  The issue comes from
> > launching the IDLE.app from the Mac GUI versus a Terminal Shell.
> > From the GUI, IDLE launches fine, but the FILE dropdown menu only
> > has "Recent Files" in it.  No way to create new one, save, etc.
> >
> > The README pages say to write to you if we're not sure if something
> > is a feature or a bug.... So, here I am.  :)

Definitely not a feature!  There are a few known problems with 3.x IDLE
on OS X.  I'm in the final stages of testing several patches which,
among other things should solve that problem.  In general, the issue
tracker at <http://bugs.python.org/> is the place to file bugs.  Check
back in a couple of days.

--
 Ned Deily,