[Python-Dev] Partial function application 'from the right'

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Feb 3 20:53:49 CET 2009

Collin Winter <collinw <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Have any of the original objections to Calvin's patch
> (http://bugs.python.org/issue1706256) been addressed? If not, I don't
> see anything in these threads that justify resurrecting it.
>
> I still haven't seen any real code presented that would benefit from
> partial.skip or partial_right.

The arguments for and against the patch could be brought against partial()
itself, so I don't understand the -1's at all.

I know I hardly every use partial() (apart from the performance aspect, it looks
like a completely useless addition to me), but from a performance standpoint,
partial.skip has as much usefulness as partial() itself.

Regards

Antoine.