[Python-Dev] Proposing PEP 386 for addition

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Dec 13 09:53:41 CET 2009

Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> writes:

> I've started to add another section in the PEP to summarize this
> discussion but then I realized that we are already giving the answer
> in the PEP in the "Requisites and current status"
>
> I made it clearer though, by adding an extra sentence with an example.

Thank you.

> Requesite #2 :
> """
> 2. most projects need special meaning versions for "pre-releases"
> (such as

I don't think “most projects need” is supported by evidence.

Fortunately, for the argument in the PEP, you don't need “most projects
need” to be true; you only need “a significant number of projects”. It
could be a small minority, but if it is a significantly large minority
that still justifies addressing the need.

So, change this to “a significant number of projects need” and I think
it's a fair statement.

> Let me know if you think this is enough and addresses your concern,

Thank you for working to make this a good PEP.

--
 \       Moriarty: “Forty thousand million billion dollars? That money |
  `\            must be worth a fortune!” —The Goon Show, _The Sale of |