[Python-Dev] deleting setdefaultencoding iin site.py is evil

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 14:23:16 CEST 2009

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Being adults about it also means when to give up. Chris, please stop
> arguing about this.

Sure. Even if people had agreed to this change, it wouldn't end up in a
python release I could use for this project.

> There are plenty of techniques you can use to get
> what you want without changing Python, for example virtualenv, which
> allows you to create a custom Python environment for each project.

Yep, I'll resort to wrapping the buildout in a virtualenv iff the
reload(sys) hack ends up causing problems...

> Or
> you could switch to Python 3.1,

I would love to, once Python 3 has a viable web app story...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk