[Python-Dev] PEP 3144: IP Address Manipulation Library for the Python Standard Library

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Aug 26 21:36:46 CEST 2009

Michael Foord <fuzzyman <at> voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> Really? Discussing the GoF design patterns by name seems to be prevalent
> amongst the programmers I know (yourself excluded of course...).

Ah? I still haven't understood what "Gang of Four" is supposed to be, however.
Is it a design pattern?

Besides, saying "I use the strategy design pattern" doesn't tell a lot, while an
ad hoc description is much more informational (witness Martin's explanation for
example).

It's like those frameworks who have a class simply named "Factory" ;)

Regards

Antoine.