[Python-Dev] standard library mimetypes module pathologically broken?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:34:56 CEST 2009

Georg Brandl wrote:
> Nick Coghlan schrieb:
>> P.S. For anyone else that is slow like me, take a close look at PEP 387...
>
> What should we see, other than that we have two PEPs on the same topic that
> should be merged?

Benjamin wrote the second one, so he obviously knows there's a written
deprecation policy in place, and hence his mini-rant probably wasn't
meant to be taken literally - a point I completely missed on first reading.

I agree the two PEPs should probably be consolidated into one, but
absent a volunteer for that task, leaving them as is doesn't really hurt
anything.

Cheers,
Nick.