[Python-Dev] www/svn python.org status update

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Aug 8 22:22:21 CEST 2009

The following sites are up again on a new machine, but cannot be
updated through SVN hooks or whatever mechanism:

www.python.org
docs.python.org
www.jython.org
planet.python.org
planet.jython.org

svn.python.org was deliberately not brought up again.  The backups
were a few hours behind and missing the ~10 most recent commits.  Not
disastrous, but it could probably mess up people's SVN trees, so after
some IRC discussion, the decision was to wait until the original disks
are available again.  That will probably not occur until Monday, maybe
Tuesday.

I've disabled donations to the PSF through credit cards, which pointed
to a CGI script that doesn't currently work; PayPal donations still
work.

Do we want to make any edits to the 3.1 or 3.0 pages about the I/O
bug?  I can do that manually if someone will provide the text and/or a
patch to put up.

Unfortunately without SVN we probably can't cut a new 3.1 release,
unless Benjamin or someone has a really up-to-date copy of the
Mercurial tree and wants to work from that.

--amk