[Python-Dev] Something like PEP-0304 - suppress *.pyc generation

christian.doll at basf.com christian.doll at basf.com
Mon Apr 20 08:54:15 CEST 2009

Hello,

im looking for something like PEP-0304 (
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0304/)

I need something to suppress the generation of *.pyc files
because i have very much different machines which call a python program at
same time.

the python program crashes at different places and on different machines -
i think the problem are the *.pyc files of different machines which are
generated at the same time.

is pep-0304 implemented in a newer python version ( we use 2.4.4 ) or is
there a work around or can someone implement pep-0304?

thank you for your help!

Viele Grüße
Christian Doll