[Python-Dev] Shorter float repr in Python 3.1?

Eric Smith eric at trueblade.com
Tue Apr 14 02:05:34 CEST 2009

Mark has uploaded our newest work to Rietveld, again at
http://codereview.appspot.com/33084/show. Since the last version, Mark
has added 387 support (and other fixes) and I've added localized
formatting ('n') back in as well as ',' formatting for float and int. I
think this addresses all open issues. If you have time, please review
the code on Rietveld.

We believe we're ready to merge this back into the py3k branch. Pending
any comments here or on Rietveld, we'll do the merge in the next day or so.

Before then, if anyone could build and test the py3k-short-float-repr
branch on any of the following machines, that would be great:

Windows (preferably 64-bit)
Itanium
Old Intel/Linux (e.g., the snakebite nitrogen box)
Something bigendian, like a G4 Mac

We're pretty well tested on x86 Mac and Linux, and I've run it once on
my Windows 32-bit machine.

I have a Snakebite account, and I'll try running on nitrogen once I
figure out how to log in again.

I just had Itanium and PPC buildbots test our branch, and they both
succeeded (or at least failed with errors not related to our changes).

Eric.