[Python-Dev] decorator module in stdlib?

Michele Simionato michele.simionato at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 09:17:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Jack diederich <jackdied at gmail.com> wrote:
> Plus he's a softie for decorators, as am I.

I must admit that while I still like decorators, I do like them as
much as in the past.
I also see an overuse of decorators in various libraries for things that could
be done more clearly without them ;-(
But this is tangential.
What I would really like to know is the future of PEP 362, i.e. having
a signature object that could be taken from an undecorated function
and added to the decorated function.
I do not recall people having anything against it, in principle,
and there is also an implementation in the sandbox, but
after three years nothing happened. I guess this is just not
a high priority for the core developers.